Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Organized is not OCD

I was talking to a friend last night who very kindly informed me that I am OCD. I told her I thought she was exaggerating "Just a bit". She said acceptance is the first step to recovery. Right. So I was thinking about this as I was on my way to work this morning (I have a longish sort of drive which leaves a lot of time for thinking) and she might have a point. Not that I think I am in any way OCD, but I have "perfectionist tendencies" that might not be normal to most.


-I have to make my bed in the morning because I don't like going to sleep in a messy bed. If I forget or run out of time in the morning I make it at night before I slip in.


-My closet is organized according to article of clothing, then color, then "length"


-Movies are alphabetized according to Title then Release Date


-Books are alphabetized by Author then Publication Date


-I don't like writing in pen because I can't erase mistakes


-I hate floating files on my computer


In my opinion, none of this points to OCD. I just like being organized.

1 comment:

Miss Ashley said...

These are the things that make me love you the most!!!