Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekends

Weekends have become a saving grace. Don't get me wrong, I love my job with a capital L, but it can be a bit on the stressful side. Two weekends ago, a friend and I got together on a friday night and had a "Baking Date", and oh man was it good. We went to the store to pick up ingredients for Upside-down Apple Pie (which we were attempting to make without a recipe) and a movie from RedBox. After picking up Cafe Rio we went back to his house and got to baking. The pie turned out Amazing! And we were so proud of ourselves.






This past friday, we got together again, but this time to look at Motorcycles. This was a bad idea.


Small side note: I am OBSESSED in a largish way with street bikes. When one drives by I usually stop and watch… I just cant help it. One of my dreams is to ride one up the PCH…driving or on the back, I'll take either.


First, at the insistence of Jon, we went to a Yamaha/Suzuki Dealership. Yes, they were pretty, but really not what I was looking for. After we were done, I asked if we could stop by the Honda store, just to round off our motorcycle experience. We walked in and found the bike that I have been dreaming about for a few years now. The Honda CBR6. Sigh. I sat on "my" beautiful black bike and had a hard time breathing. It is a good thing they don't allow test drives, or I might not have come back.


I literally had to drag myself away from the dealership (with no help from Jon) without the keys to my dream.


So, now after two really good weekends, I have the dream of upside-down Apple Pie and a CBR6 to get me through the week. Oh the joys.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

hey alisha!!! i just found your blog :) its so cute. i can't believe you made a pie without a recipe!!

Alisha said...

It was...interesting. I remembered generally what was suppose to be in there, and then we went from there. Amazingly it turned out good! :)

Miss Ashley said...

Was it part of the plan to wear matching red shirts??

Alisha said...

Nope... I was wearing a way cute sweater and had no desire to get it dirty... you know how I cook! So he was nice enough to lend me one of his.