Wednesday, May 12, 2010

9 Days and Counting


For those of you who don't know... I am planning the 2010 Regional YSA Conference that is in… 9 days. This is basically like Youth Conference but for "Big Kids" and encompasses the entire Las Vegas Valley. Oh the joys. And as the date has been looming closer, the sleepless nights and stress have begun. It has gotten to the point where I dream about it at night.


Last night I dreamt that John Mayer was suppose to sing at one of our events and the awful asian man from American Idol showed up instead… it was bad.


In previous years the schedule went:

Friday Night : Dance

Saturday Morning : Service Project

Saturday Night : Dance

Sunday Night : Fireside


Well, I thought we could do some thing a little different so, this is how this year is set up….


April 17th : Opening Fireside with L. Tom Perry & Kick-off for the Food Drive

Friday May 21st : Dance/ Karaoke Night of Fun

Saturday Morning : Softball Tournament

Saturday Night : BBQ/Carnival/Bonfire at a Ranch & Close of the Food Drive

Sunday Night : Closing fireside with Thurl Bailey (formally of the Utah Jazz)


Basically we are hoping to blow every other conference out of the water. But in doing so, I have kind of stressed my self out to the Max. Just so you don't think I am doing this nonsense just for kicks and giggles, our ward was one of the 3 wards who had yet to be in charge of a conference, so I though I might as well volunteer and get it done with, rather than being assigned to do it.


I think its a matter of perspective, choosing this has to be better than being told to do it. Right? At least that is what I keep telling myself.


So, if you happen to see me in the next couple of days and I am crazy looking and or tearing my hair out, you will now know why. Wish me luck.

No comments: