Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Race for the Cure



We ran (walked, meandered...whatever) the Race for the Cure this weekend and it was so much fun. The best part was all of the Survivors that were there. It made me so happy to see all of the ladies in pink who wanted to prove to the world that what was once a death sentence is now beatable, and that is something I would run for any day of the week. I had to keep myself from running up to these women and giving them all hugs, so I settled for hugging my mom...a lot.

Random Side-note: We decided on our way home that one of these years we are going to have the biggest private team in the Race. So if you want to join in the fun let us know... the first weekend in May is always great!

We got tired of carrying our goodie bags around, so I cinched up the bottom of my jacket and shoved them in. Well, it looked like I was prego and as we were running I kept getting looks and when we crossed the finish line I even had some one wave at me and call out, "You go honey!" It made me smile.

Along our way we ran into CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. It was a good day.

No comments: