Thursday, October 9, 2008

Nordstroms!

So, in honor of my one of my greatest down falls, I decided to dedicate this post to Nordstrom.  Not only do they carry amazing shoes, but their women’s Designer Collections website is one of my favorite (not just because of the clothes). I like the combination of the softer watercolor illustrations with the more dramatic ink details.  Then, each of the “departments” features their own little illustrations done in the same watercolor and ink design. This combination of softer watercolor and stark ink, allows them to present a soft overall feel with the small ink accents that really stand out. It’s good. (on a smallish side note and as a semi-retaliation against one of my professors who swears this is economic slump is the end of the world as we know it.) This is an excerpt from one of my favorite authors, who made a very good point. (she is talking about  an article posted in the Times  last week)

“The article also intimated that we can’t celebrate shopping or glamour because of dire economic times. Which I think is all B.S. Now more than ever we need our escape, our trivia, to be amused by the very, very small problems of very, very rich people. Sure, maybe some want the Sturm & Drang but as for me, I think of Fred and Ginger and all those beautiful ballgowns and those insane penthouses and how they lifted everyone during the Great Depression.

I want more feathers and sequins and frivolity! Bring it!!”







No comments: