Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank you for saying Thank you


The other day I received a Thank You note, and decided that this is a dying art that I think we should revive. I have had my current church calling (Activities Chair) for almost 2 years now, and after our January activity (a trip to our cabin at Brian Head with another ward) I received my first ever Thank You note. And it was from a girl in the OTHER ward.


After all of this time, I sometimes get burned out… this leads to minor stress induced breakdowns which usually include a lot of lists, chocolate and occasional ranting about stupid irresponsible people who deserve to be ranted at. The cabin trip was one of these activities from ---- (fill in the 4 letter word), nothing was going right, the other ward had NO responsible help and I about quit on the spot. Everything ended up fine, as it usually does (well… as good as it can be when the "Special Souls" of the singles ward come out of their holes), and everyone went home happy.


A few days later, a little purple envelope showed up in our mailbox with a short Thank you note, and suddenly my day (and calling) suddenly looked a whole lot better. Someone appreciated all of the work that went into the trip, and amazingly enough a little note made it worth the effort.


I realized that despite the fact that I am grateful to a lot of people, I rarely let them know. Showing my gratitude is going to be a new goal of mine, because I am sure other people will be as happy as I was when I received my note. So, to people who show gratitude… Thank you for saying Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well... on that note.. i must pass on a thank you from chris... he really liked the little black dress :0