Saturday, November 26, 2011

Old Lady Hobbies

Over the past couple of months I have been working on a set of quilts for my Dear Sweets and I. They were an early Christmas surprise, so I couldn't post pictures (even though I have been so excited about them) until I made my trip up to Provo. I had so much fun picking out colors and fabric for two of my favorite people. The idea started almost a year ago when I made a quilt set for my little sister Hailee. The pattern was fun and easy. Ashley and Leslie came down when it was almost done, and while showing them another quilt that I was working on (which is still not done) Ashley laughed and said she wanted one next. Little did they know that I had already started collecting fabric for both of their quilts I just hadn't decided on a pattern yet. When they said they liked Hailee's pattern, it was perfect.


I started cutting their fabric a few days after they went home. I wanted these quilts to be very personalized so I found fabrics and patterns that represented each of their unique interests and personalities.



I also added a fun little monogram on the bottom corner that included the initials of our nicknames. (Ashley=Baby, Leslie=Nestle & Me= Dear Sweet)



I also added a single row in the quilt that had the same polka dotted fabric so that each of us would have fabric from the other two quilts included in ours. I had soo much fun with these, and was glad that they agreed to open them a month before Christmas, because I couldn't stand waiting any longer!






I am in the middle of finishing mine, who knows when I will finish it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CAN"T BELIEVE I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS POST UNTIL NOW!!!!! I am sitting here nestled up in my lovely quilt and oh so happy. I am in love with it and I love you!