Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Score: UNLV 76- Louisville 71

So my love of Rebel Basketball increased (if that was possible) on Saturday afternoon at their game against No. 16 Louisville. Not only did the Rebels play well, but they kept their game tight and clean. This was one of those games were the excitement in the stadium is almost tangible, and during the fourth quarter the entire crowd was on their feet and cheering so loud it was almost impossible to hear my friend standing next to me. And normally I am not a screaming sort of fan, when I am stressed I like to sit there and watch my game without drunken distractions (which is why I usually stay far away from the student section) but on Saturday, it was impossible to stay in my seat. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

As a random side note, our family has had the same season tickets for years now, we sit just a few rows up from the visitors bench, and normally I hate seat hoppers who come down and sit by us. They are usually drunk guys who insist on yelling insults at the visiting team and coaches. (Like they could actually hear them in a packed stadium…stupidheads) But this last game, we had some really nice guys come and sit behind us. They chatted it up like they were SportsCenter commentators and it was great. I was really tempted to turn around and say, "The next time you feel like seat hopping, please come back here, I really enjoyed eavesdropping on your conversations." But, me being me, I was too chicken. Maybe next time.

No comments: